Big Studio Features, Small Desktop Footprint
Intuitive and Efficient
nterfaces. For tracking, the ADAT connectivity together with onboard talkback mic and an incredibly powerful cue mixer (that allows you to create up to 4 independent near-zero-latency performer mixes) handle the most demanding recording sessions. For mixing, alternative monitor switching and assignable front-panel control-room functions put everything you need at your fingertips. For production, USB Loopback, MIDI I/O, and DC-coupled outputs for CV control of synths and FX equip you with a serious toolkit to keep the creativity flowing.
- Four SSL-designed microphone preamps with unrivalled EIN performance and huge gain range for a USB-powered device
- Four Neutrik combo XLR-1/4″ mic/line inputs with +48V phantom power, selectable per input
- Two Hi-Z instrument inputs for guitars, bass, or vintage instruments
- Two professional-grade headphone outputs with switchable modes of operation for high-impedance or high-sensitivity headphones and up to four independent headphone mixes
- Headphone outputs can be repurposed as additional balanced/unbalanced line-level outputs
- Four dedicated, balanced 1/4″ line outputs
- USB-C for 12 x 8 digital tracking and bus power
- ADAT input expands input channel count with 8 extra channels of digital audio
- USB loopback, MIDI 5-pin DIN in and out, and DC-coupled 1/4″ outputs for CV control of synths and FX
Real Analog Enhancement Inspired by The SSL 4000 Series (4K) Console
SSL Studio Quality, Built to Last
For over 50 years, SSL have been designing cutting-edge mixing consoles and hardware processors, as used by the world’s most recognized artists and recording studios. Over that time, their reputation as a world-leading manufacturer of professional audio equipment has centered around a constant pursuit of audio excellence and technical innovation, accomplished through streamlining production workflows and advanced studio ergonomics.
SSL 12 takes the traditional desktop audio interface where it’s never been before with an incredible array of features in a compact footprint that delivers outstanding audio quality. Featuring familiar Alps pots, Neutrik connectors, and an attractive brushed aluminum front panel, SSL 12 is built to last whether you’re using it in the studio or on location.
Speed Up Your Workflow with SSL 12 Mixer
The cross-platform Mac and Windows SSL 360° application hosts the powerful yet intuitive console-style SSL 12 Mixer, where you can configure and control every aspect of SSL 12:
- Easily set up multiple near-zero latency headphone mixes
- Configure HP-A and HP-B outputs for different headphone sensitivities or as additional line-level outputs
- Customize the three user-assignable front-panel buttons
- Choose your Loopback source
- Save/load SSL 12 Mixer templates