Styled in a dark gray producer finish, Genelec 8320A is a single SAM-Series, 2-way active studio monitor designed to provide accurate mix referencing with software control capabilities for audio engineers, musicians, and producers in project studios, small control rooms, edit suites, or mobile setups. It features 100W of Class-D amplification driving a 4” woofer and 3/4” tweeter, producing a frequency response of 55 Hz to 23 kHz.
A proprietary waveguide enhances imaging, while the bass reflex port extends the low-frequency response. The die-cast aluminum enclosure is shaped to minimize diffraction and reflections. An XLR 3-pin jack delivers connectivity for a balanced analog source. Built-in signal overload protection enhances dependability and protects the speaker. Detailed frequency adjustments and automatic calibration can be performed via GLM (Genelec Loudspeaker Manager) software and the GLM User Kit (available separately). A selectable power-saving mode enables automatic power up/down via a signal-sensing circuit.
The 8320A offers multiple mounting options including an Iso-Pod isolation stand and threaded holes that are compatible with mic stands and various wall/ceiling brackets.
- 4″ woofer and 3/4″ tweeter
- 50W LF amp and 50W HF amp
- 55 Hz to 23 kHz frequency response (-6 dB), 66 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response (±1.5 dB)
- Proprietary waveguide utilizes DCW (Directivity Control Waveguide) technology for improved imaging and a wider listening area
- Bass reflex port provides extended low-frequency response
- Supports automatic calibration via software control
- Low-diffraction aluminum enclosure utilizes MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) technology
- Balanced analog input via XLR 3-pin connector
- ISS (Intelligent Signal Sensing) automatic power-saving mode
- Multiple mounting options: Iso-Pod and threaded holes that are compatible with mic stands and various wall/ceiling brackets
- Includes Iso-Pod isolation stand for vibration decoupling