Pure2 from Antelope is a two-channel, mastering-grade 24-bit/192 kHz analog-to digital/digital-to-analog converter and master clock utilizing the same technology found in the company’s flagship Isochrone Trinity master clock and the Orion32 AD/DA. Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology is coupled with pristine analog circuitry and driven by a proprietary multi-stage linear power supply for digital clarity and analog realism.
To insure playback repeatability the unit features a relay-controlled analog volume attenuator. An intuitive software control panel for Mac or Windows provides the user with the ability to manage all facets of the unit’s operation while also being configurable via the front panel using user-definable presets.
- Utilizes Burr-Brown (TI) A/D converter PCM4222
- Carefully optimized analog driver stage gently handles overloads, contributing to distinct analog sound and smoother clipping
- Main D/A conversion designed with a dual DAC architecture, providing separate DAC chips for the left and the right channels.
- The design significantly enhances the signal-to-noise ratio and greatly improves stereo imaging
- Conversion timing and the sync of all digital studio devices is kept stable by the 4th generation 64-bit AFC jitter management and oven-controlled crystal oscillator
- With several Wordclock outputs, Pure2 can function as the master clock for an entire studio and can also be locked to Antelope’s 10M Atomic Clock for even greater clocking stability